Click the stream title to convert to your timezone.
|Check out our video database. Search videos by category or submit your own!|
- Robot Radio Interview - Orcs Must Die 2 and Hero Academy Info - Sixokay and Radiokenny Posted on: April 3, 2012
More: Robot Radio
Dean23 Jul 20147051
Believe it or not there is a 24 hour stream of OMDU taking place tomorrow on Twitch. Streamer xN4LxHandyMan is going to be streaming Unchained from dawn until dusk tomorrow, July 24th. This will no doubt be quite an accomplishment! Be sure to pop by and say hello.Dean21 Jul 20147044
Some excellent community news has been announced by SixOkay over on the OMDU forums. Robot have hired Nananea to spearhead Twitch streams going forward and I am sure you will agree that this is fantastic news. Quoting SixOkay from the announcement post:
I’m excited to announce that we’ve hired Nananea to spearhead our efforts over on Twitch. Starting next week, we’re going to have a ton more streams, including new shows and new opportunities to interact with the game and the developers at Robot Entertainment. We’ll be announcing the new schedule very soon, and we’ll be back on the air before you know it.
Nananea has been dedicated to OMDU with her community stream every Thursday and has also created those awesome hero and how to play videos that you can see on the OMDU dashboard.
I’m sure all fans will be congratulating Nananea on this excellent appointment. Be sure to check out the thread over on the forums and expect more Twitch streaming coming soon!Dean20 Jul 20147034
Robot Entertainment are lining up a massive patch for Orcs Must Die! Unchained this coming Tuesday. This isnt no ordinary Microsoft Patch Tuesday, Robot are dishing out some pretty major changes to OMDU. Lets dig in to some of the highlights that this patch brings.
Yes, unfortunately there is going to be an account wipe. If you’ve been fighting hard to ascend through the levels, after this patch you will be set back to level 0 again and all decks erased. This is unfortunate, but has to happen owing to the number of changes made to the store (see more below). However, for those who have been diligently playing all is not lost. Robot will be giving those players additional skulls after the reset. It works out like this:
- Levels 20-29 – 10,000 Skulls
- Levels 30-39 – 30,000 Skulls
- Level 40 – 80,000 Skulls
So this isnt too bad. Remember after any wipe all gold will be refunded. So if you have been awarded gold by means of a founder pack or you have purchased in-game gold via the store you will get ALL your gold returned to you after the patch. This means you can go ahead and re-purchase heroes, vanity and of course, card decks!
So why the account wipe again? Well alot of the reason comes down the store changes. The good news is there are 40 new cards coming to OMDU with this patch. Thats a whole bunch of new cards! Here is a taster from the patch notes:
- Boulder chutes filled with chunks of icebergs? Check.
- Rapid fire wall blades? Yup.
- Glory seeking… shock zappers!? You bet.
- Good old Ring of Lighnting? Yes.
- Ring of Last Stand? Gnomish Repair Kit? Frost Weaver? Arcane Weaver? More than a dozen new waves?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
Now thats certainly good news. In other changes card packs now cost less. But.. now wield 5 cards instead of 6. This might initially seem like a negative, but actually its not because….
- The chances of obtaining a hero in a pack are far more likely. (Still not guaranteed. Still not the primary way we intend people to get heroes. Still possible to open 200 packs and see zero heroes. BUT, far more likely.)
- The chance of a Mythic is more likely.
Overall, its all good news. For more details on this changes check the full patch notes.
Card Grinder and Gib Store is here!
Wondering what you can do about all those duplicate cards you’ve got building up in your inventory? Finding it a bit annoying when you get a card pack only to find you’ve got more of those same cards… Well things are about to get better on this front. The new Card Grinder system lets players grind up cards for gibs. Gibs can then be used to purchase cool things from the gib store. No word yet on what these things might be, but the patch notes indicate the things in the gib store are likely to change.
If you are a Master Founder there is an interesting discussion going on about the card grinder and gib store over in the developers forums.
Can you believe that after the recent announcement of the Ball and Chain, Prospector and The Master, Robot already have two new heroes to give us! Thats right, say hello to Sir Winston and the Kobold King. Both of these new heroes are of Unchained alignment. Sir Winston is an ex-Paladin of The Order who has now turned evil and joined the Unchained. He wields a cursed sword.
Sir Winston was father to eight famed paladins, all of whom fell in battle serving the Order. Unfortunately, such loss has proven too much, even for one as stoic as Sir Winston, and now he has become… somewhat upset with the Order.
Armed with a dark blade that weakens those it strikes, he can also curse minions and heroes (doing a pulse of direct damage to them that also heals his allies around the victim) and inspire mortal fear (preventing enemies nearby from using their abilities).
The Kobold King is the ruler and leader of the pesky kobolds (or runners as you might better know them!). His primary attack is his whip. From the patch notes:
The Kobold King is short, dark, and regal. He enjoys long walks on the beach, sunsets, and PRESSING Q TO TURN ANY KOBOLDS AROUND HIM INTO MINIATURE KILLING MACHINES.
His turn-offs include seeing any kobolds die (each one killed near him increases his damage and movement speed for a short period of time) and being tied down (he is the fastest hero in the game and his second ability, Flee, breaks any CC for him and allies around him).
Everybody loves new skins! On this occasion Stinkeye, Midnight, Kobold King and Sir Winston will be enjoying a new wardrobe.
Killing Guardians currently rewards players with 5000 leadership points. It was felt that this was contributing to an in-balance in the early game where by the team that kills a guardian first gets a significant leadership boost that the other team can find difficult to recover from. Therefore to help balance things in this patch killing guardians rewards players with no leadership. This doesnt mean killing guardians is worth nothing at all. Guardians are a key component of defence and once they are killed that team looses a significant aspect of their overall defence, this makes them still well worth killing and still very important to protect.
The changes made here are just to balance and reduce the “snowball” effect where the team that kills the guardian first so no longer have such a huge leadership boost.
Bug Fixes and Hero Changes
There are a ton of bug fixes and alterations to heroes skills and abilities. Be sure to check the patch notes to see how your favourite heroes may have been adjusted. Some particular stand-out changes are:
- War Mage has been reclassified as dishing out lightning damage rather than physical.
- Hogarth – Now deals ice damage. Frosty!
- Ivy – Balm (Q) now heals Ivy for less, but heals minions and fellow heroes for slightly more.
- Pride Hunter DPS has been reduced to 40 from 50. Additionally, their HP has been reduced to 210 from 230. (Bleed was not fully valued in the balance model.)
- Dwarf priests and hobgoblin shamans will no longer occasionally freak out and start attacking one of their own.
- Bots now use doors and gates.
- Bots should now retreat if outnumbered.
Get the full patch notes
As always here at REF we just break down the patch notes to give you a summary. There is a TON of additional info on the full patch notes. Make sure you check those out, essential reading for avid OMDU fans!
Remember the patch is landing Tuesday, July 22nd.Dean18 Jul 20147025
Fan Friday is back! This week we’re putting the spotlight on OMDU regular Void2258. Void is very active over on the North American forums and if you visit often you will have surely come across one of his posts by now. Lets find out a bit more about him!
- Name: Elliot Jenner
- Home Town: NYC, currently Pittsburgh
Graduate Student (physics)
- What is day job?
Violin Instrumental (I could be biased as I also play violin)
- Favourite type of music?
- What websites do you visit at least once every day?
Youtube, Facebook, Huffington post
Guardians of the Galaxy (Vin Diesel better not say anything besides ‘I am Groot’)
- Which film are you next looking forward to seeing the cinema?
- Where has been your favourite travel destination?
Total Biscuit (WTF is … Orcs Must Die?)
- How did you find out about Orcs Must Die! ?
Once the glitches are worked out I think they will all be super fun and useful. Right now B&C and prospector are more frustrating than anything since their unique abilities (knockback and tunnel) are so hard to get to go off correctly. But that’s beta.
- What are your thoughts on the three recently introduced OMDU heroes?
I would give Sorceress back her charged shot knockback and old mesmerize (where it made one mob switch sides and become a decoy and bomb, with the duration scaling by enemy size so it isn’t unbalanced) and get rid of the trap trigger for something more useful. I’m not saying this just because I am against change, it’s just that having those back would make her more of a dedicated defender. Right now her archetype is all over the place. Also I would switch to a font where I 1 and l are note hard to tell apart.
- If there is one thing you would change in OMDU right now, what would it be?
The instant unlimited and free teleport from prospector tunnels is seriously OP. Stinkeye’s passive does nothing, so it get’s UP right now. This may change once there are more cyclops mobs but even then it doesn’t sound that good.
- What strikes you as most under-powered and over-powered in OMDU?
Please watch some videos and learn how the game works before you play. If you don’t understand how to work gates and warcamps, you are not ready to play.
- Is there anything you would like to say to all the OMD fans out there right now?
Thanks for taking part Void!Dean14 Jul 20147017
If you are new to the world of Orcs Must Die! Unchained – have you checked out Juicy’s awesome how to play guide? The guide is a great place to start to learn the basics from one of the communities esteemed players!
Today we’d like to highlight some of the FAQs and handy hints from Juicy’s guides. Check them out below – you might learn something new!
- Guardians and Rifts apply a buff to you which heals over time. You can leave the guardian or rift’s side and this effect will stay for a few seconds.
- You can disable glyphs by using trap disable skills. This is extremely useful on defense against healing glyphs, as you can prevent large minions from healing at all from a healing glyph.
- You can buy 1,000 coin weaver upgrades during the initial game countdown. This is especially useful when buying the extra damage to gates and guardians weaver upgrade, if you plan on attacking a gate as soon as possible.
- The trickle leadership weaver is extremely strong. Most people go into that weaver just for that upgrade.
- Your whole team gets coins and leadership for each minion that gets through a gate. For example, whenever your minion wave spawns, if an enemy kills them in the first area of dirt and grass, you won’t get any. For each minion that gets through the first gate, your team will get bonus coin and leadership (small amounts, like 3-25) for each one. You will get that bonus again if they get through the next gate, and so on. This means if you can push your minions through an extra gate – totally worth it (unless you died. Then maybe not). Because of this system, it’s ALWAYS better to put traps in the first keep between the 1st and 2nd gates. You want to kill the enemy minions as soon as possible to limit the leadership the enemy team earns. In ALMOST ALL cases, the most leadership wins the game, so it’s important to make sure your enemy has as little as possible.
Dean12 Jul 20147010
- You have a few seconds after placing a trap before it becomes active. During this time, if you sell the trap you get a full refund. If you place a trap in the wrong spot, sell it fast.
- You can place and sell traps at any time you want.
- You can spend leadership and put minion cards in any time you want – they’ll take effect for the next coming wave
- The timer on minion spawns is unforgiving. It looks like you have a few seconds after it ends, but if you’re a millisecond late, you’re too late.
This week we take a look at Stinkeye, one of the more trickier heroes to understand and play. Stinkeye is a very interesting hero to play primarily because of his use of totems which is perhaps Stinkeye’s main speciality. Totems are unique and exclusive to Stinkeye, players can place them on the map via the primary “Q” ability, the totems fire onto enemy units and if Stinkeye shoots the totems it splits the shot dealing damage from afar. Totems are very powerful and allow Stinkeye players to place them in such a a way that they can do damage while Stinkeye can stand back in additional safety. Take the below for example:
In the above example the totem fires outwards through the door so that Stinkeye can damage incoming waves whilst he is safe behind the corner.
With Stinkeye’s “E” ability he can place another kind of totem, a time totem. The time totem reduces the speed of enemy minions and heroes in range while allies are sped up. Aside from totems Stinkeye’s main attack lets him fire small arcane energy balls from his staff and his secondary main attack lets him charge an arcane bomb which when fully charged explodes and causes damage to near by enemy heroes and minions. If on the offensive the explosion also disables traps. Stinkeye’s arcane bomb is a powerful attack.
His passive ability called “A change of heart” spawns a ghost Stinkeye whenever he is killed. The left behind ghost fires healing projectiles.
In general Stinkeye is strongly recommended to be played as a defensive hero. Clever positioning of his totems enable him to play very well defensively, standing back from incoming waves and using his totems to extend his primary ranged attack. When minions start to get too close for comfort, charge and fire his arcane bomb to help restore the balance.
Hero CardDean09 Jul 20146973
Good news for EU OMDU players, the much awaited store is now open for business! Heroes, card packs and skins are all available for purchase. Those with Founder Packs also have their gold now available in their accounts ready for spending. If you’re in the EU hop on in and check out whats on offer. The store can take a little while to open up for the first time, so you may need to be a little patient.
Some players have asked what the differences are between the NA and EU stores. First up – the reason why there are different stores is because Gameforge are handling things in the EU, they have their own payment system and will be dealing with things like multi-languages and local currencies. There is the same content (for now) in both stores. They do look a little different as you can see from the screenshots below.
Screenshots showing the differences in design between the stores are of course how it looks right now. Everything is subject to change.
You can clock on any of the images below to enlarge them.
Purchase card packs
In the EU it is also possible to get gold via completing offers: