Click the stream title to convert to your timezone.
|Check out our video database. Search videos by category or submit your own!|
- Robot Radio Interview - Orcs Must Die 2 and Hero Academy Info - Sixokay and Radiokenny Posted on: April 3, 2012
More: Robot Radio
Dean28 Jul 20147065
Just a heads up that tomorrows official Robot Entertainment stream will feature Q&A’s with some of the bots at Robot Entertainment. Players are invited to post some of the questions they would like to see answered over on the forums.
If you have a burning question about OMDU head on over and let them know!
The stream starts at 2PM CDT, 7PM GMT – for conversion into your time-zone and more details check out the stream details page.Dean25 Jul 20147055
We’re heading over to the EU for this weeks Fan Friday, all the way over to Den Bosch in The Netherlands infact to meet OMDU community regular SavageNL. Lets find out a bit more about our first featured EU player!
- Name: Niels
- Age: 29
- Home Town: Den Bosch
I’m a software engineer, from the forums I gather that most people are nowadays so I’m going to specify that to that I develop planning software in Java and C++.
- What is day job?
I like to go to the driving range to play some golf. I also regularly meet up with some friends to play board games and I watch quite a lot of tv shows and movies.
- Aside from gaming how else do you like to spend your free time?
I haven’t had many adventures, but I the first thing that comes to mind is a budget holiday to Bali with a friend where nothing was really planned, just the plane ride there and back. Had a great time there and managed to get a roof over our head every night but it was a very different experience when compared to all inclusive beach holidays.
- Biggest life adventure so far?
Apart from that, skydiving and bungee jumping was also very cool.
- If you could pick anywhere in the world where you would love to travel to, where would it be?
I’m not really the traveling type, but I would love to visit the US at some point. I don’t have a clue to which part so if I ever go it will probably be a road trip to visit some the obvious touristic locations.
Pretty much anything that is unhealthy. I think that at the moment the Dutch dish Kapsalon (fries with donner, garlic sauce and lettuce) is pretty high up the list.
- Favourite food?
A friend played the first game and liked it and made me buy it in a Steam sale. I usually only play co-op games so I tried it and didn’t really ever finish it. When omd2 came out we both bought it and loved it so the moment I heard anything about omdu I bought a founder pack.
- How did you find out about Orcs Must Die! ?
I like Stinkeye the best. Up until the last patch he was a great hero to defend with and when you were set up with totems you could take down an attacking BlackPaw.
- Who is your favourite OMDU hero and why?
Since the patch with the new way of gathering leadership I find that I lean more towards picking Ivy though.
That’s a tough question. I think the 20 target that I think Robot is aiming for sounds like a good goal but the matches I like most are the ones that are a close call, they usually last longer.
- What do you think should be the “ideal” length of an OMDU match?
Until the last patch I would have said group queuing. I know a lot of people want an endless game mode but I think I am mostly missing a required tutorial (or a different way to force people to learn how to slot cards etc) and a way to make leavers not ruin a match.
- Is there anything missing in OMDU that you would like to see added?
Usually in the evenings somewhere between 8 and 10 CEST.
- When can we usually catch you in matchmaking?
- Is there anything you would like to say to all the OMD fans out there right now?
We have a great community in the EU so I’d like to thank them all for making the game a fun experience so far. And of course a special shout out to FaTeReLLa’s ‘dream team’Dean23 Jul 20147051
Believe it or not there is a 24 hour stream of OMDU taking place tomorrow on Twitch. Streamer xN4LxHandyMan is going to be streaming Unchained from dawn until dusk tomorrow, July 24th. This will no doubt be quite an accomplishment! Be sure to pop by and say hello.Dean21 Jul 20147044
Some excellent community news has been announced by SixOkay over on the OMDU forums. Robot have hired Nananea to spearhead Twitch streams going forward and I am sure you will agree that this is fantastic news. Quoting SixOkay from the announcement post:
I’m excited to announce that we’ve hired Nananea to spearhead our efforts over on Twitch. Starting next week, we’re going to have a ton more streams, including new shows and new opportunities to interact with the game and the developers at Robot Entertainment. We’ll be announcing the new schedule very soon, and we’ll be back on the air before you know it.
Nananea has been dedicated to OMDU with her community stream every Thursday and has also created those awesome hero and how to play videos that you can see on the OMDU dashboard.
I’m sure all fans will be congratulating Nananea on this excellent appointment. Be sure to check out the thread over on the forums and expect more Twitch streaming coming soon!Dean20 Jul 20147034
Robot Entertainment are lining up a massive patch for Orcs Must Die! Unchained this coming Tuesday. This isnt no ordinary Microsoft Patch Tuesday, Robot are dishing out some pretty major changes to OMDU. Lets dig in to some of the highlights that this patch brings.
Yes, unfortunately there is going to be an account wipe. If you’ve been fighting hard to ascend through the levels, after this patch you will be set back to level 0 again and all decks erased. This is unfortunate, but has to happen owing to the number of changes made to the store (see more below). However, for those who have been diligently playing all is not lost. Robot will be giving those players additional skulls after the reset. It works out like this:
- Levels 20-29 – 10,000 Skulls
- Levels 30-39 – 30,000 Skulls
- Level 40 – 80,000 Skulls
So this isnt too bad. Remember after any wipe all gold will be refunded. So if you have been awarded gold by means of a founder pack or you have purchased in-game gold via the store you will get ALL your gold returned to you after the patch. This means you can go ahead and re-purchase heroes, vanity and of course, card decks!
So why the account wipe again? Well alot of the reason comes down the store changes. The good news is there are 40 new cards coming to OMDU with this patch. Thats a whole bunch of new cards! Here is a taster from the patch notes:
- Boulder chutes filled with chunks of icebergs? Check.
- Rapid fire wall blades? Yup.
- Glory seeking… shock zappers!? You bet.
- Good old Ring of Lighnting? Yes.
- Ring of Last Stand? Gnomish Repair Kit? Frost Weaver? Arcane Weaver? More than a dozen new waves?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
Now thats certainly good news. In other changes card packs now cost less. But.. now wield 5 cards instead of 6. This might initially seem like a negative, but actually its not because….
- The chances of obtaining a hero in a pack are far more likely. (Still not guaranteed. Still not the primary way we intend people to get heroes. Still possible to open 200 packs and see zero heroes. BUT, far more likely.)
- The chance of a Mythic is more likely.
Overall, its all good news. For more details on this changes check the full patch notes.
Card Grinder and Gib Store is here!
Wondering what you can do about all those duplicate cards you’ve got building up in your inventory? Finding it a bit annoying when you get a card pack only to find you’ve got more of those same cards… Well things are about to get better on this front. The new Card Grinder system lets players grind up cards for gibs. Gibs can then be used to purchase cool things from the gib store. No word yet on what these things might be, but the patch notes indicate the things in the gib store are likely to change.
If you are a Master Founder there is an interesting discussion going on about the card grinder and gib store over in the developers forums.
Can you believe that after the recent announcement of the Ball and Chain, Prospector and The Master, Robot already have two new heroes to give us! Thats right, say hello to Sir Winston and the Kobold King. Both of these new heroes are of Unchained alignment. Sir Winston is an ex-Paladin of The Order who has now turned evil and joined the Unchained. He wields a cursed sword.
Sir Winston was father to eight famed paladins, all of whom fell in battle serving the Order. Unfortunately, such loss has proven too much, even for one as stoic as Sir Winston, and now he has become… somewhat upset with the Order.
Armed with a dark blade that weakens those it strikes, he can also curse minions and heroes (doing a pulse of direct damage to them that also heals his allies around the victim) and inspire mortal fear (preventing enemies nearby from using their abilities).
The Kobold King is the ruler and leader of the pesky kobolds (or runners as you might better know them!). His primary attack is his whip. From the patch notes:
The Kobold King is short, dark, and regal. He enjoys long walks on the beach, sunsets, and PRESSING Q TO TURN ANY KOBOLDS AROUND HIM INTO MINIATURE KILLING MACHINES.
His turn-offs include seeing any kobolds die (each one killed near him increases his damage and movement speed for a short period of time) and being tied down (he is the fastest hero in the game and his second ability, Flee, breaks any CC for him and allies around him).
Everybody loves new skins! On this occasion Stinkeye, Midnight, Kobold King and Sir Winston will be enjoying a new wardrobe.
Killing Guardians currently rewards players with 5000 leadership points. It was felt that this was contributing to an in-balance in the early game where by the team that kills a guardian first gets a significant leadership boost that the other team can find difficult to recover from. Therefore to help balance things in this patch killing guardians rewards players with no leadership. This doesnt mean killing guardians is worth nothing at all. Guardians are a key component of defence and once they are killed that team looses a significant aspect of their overall defence, this makes them still well worth killing and still very important to protect.
The changes made here are just to balance and reduce the “snowball” effect where the team that kills the guardian first so no longer have such a huge leadership boost.
Bug Fixes and Hero Changes
There are a ton of bug fixes and alterations to heroes skills and abilities. Be sure to check the patch notes to see how your favourite heroes may have been adjusted. Some particular stand-out changes are:
- War Mage has been reclassified as dishing out lightning damage rather than physical.
- Hogarth – Now deals ice damage. Frosty!
- Ivy – Balm (Q) now heals Ivy for less, but heals minions and fellow heroes for slightly more.
- Pride Hunter DPS has been reduced to 40 from 50. Additionally, their HP has been reduced to 210 from 230. (Bleed was not fully valued in the balance model.)
- Dwarf priests and hobgoblin shamans will no longer occasionally freak out and start attacking one of their own.
- Bots now use doors and gates.
- Bots should now retreat if outnumbered.
Get the full patch notes
As always here at REF we just break down the patch notes to give you a summary. There is a TON of additional info on the full patch notes. Make sure you check those out, essential reading for avid OMDU fans!
Remember the patch is landing Tuesday, July 22nd.Dean18 Jul 20147025
Fan Friday is back! This week we’re putting the spotlight on OMDU regular Void2258. Void is very active over on the North American forums and if you visit often you will have surely come across one of his posts by now. Lets find out a bit more about him!
- Name: Elliot Jenner
- Home Town: NYC, currently Pittsburgh
Graduate Student (physics)
- What is day job?
Violin Instrumental (I could be biased as I also play violin)
- Favourite type of music?
- What websites do you visit at least once every day?
Youtube, Facebook, Huffington post
Guardians of the Galaxy (Vin Diesel better not say anything besides ‘I am Groot’)
- Which film are you next looking forward to seeing the cinema?
- Where has been your favourite travel destination?
Total Biscuit (WTF is … Orcs Must Die?)
- How did you find out about Orcs Must Die! ?
Once the glitches are worked out I think they will all be super fun and useful. Right now B&C and prospector are more frustrating than anything since their unique abilities (knockback and tunnel) are so hard to get to go off correctly. But that’s beta.
- What are your thoughts on the three recently introduced OMDU heroes?
I would give Sorceress back her charged shot knockback and old mesmerize (where it made one mob switch sides and become a decoy and bomb, with the duration scaling by enemy size so it isn’t unbalanced) and get rid of the trap trigger for something more useful. I’m not saying this just because I am against change, it’s just that having those back would make her more of a dedicated defender. Right now her archetype is all over the place. Also I would switch to a font where I 1 and l are note hard to tell apart.
- If there is one thing you would change in OMDU right now, what would it be?
The instant unlimited and free teleport from prospector tunnels is seriously OP. Stinkeye’s passive does nothing, so it get’s UP right now. This may change once there are more cyclops mobs but even then it doesn’t sound that good.
- What strikes you as most under-powered and over-powered in OMDU?
Please watch some videos and learn how the game works before you play. If you don’t understand how to work gates and warcamps, you are not ready to play.
- Is there anything you would like to say to all the OMD fans out there right now?
Thanks for taking part Void!Dean14 Jul 20147017
If you are new to the world of Orcs Must Die! Unchained – have you checked out Juicy’s awesome how to play guide? The guide is a great place to start to learn the basics from one of the communities esteemed players!
Today we’d like to highlight some of the FAQs and handy hints from Juicy’s guides. Check them out below – you might learn something new!
- Guardians and Rifts apply a buff to you which heals over time. You can leave the guardian or rift’s side and this effect will stay for a few seconds.
- You can disable glyphs by using trap disable skills. This is extremely useful on defense against healing glyphs, as you can prevent large minions from healing at all from a healing glyph.
- You can buy 1,000 coin weaver upgrades during the initial game countdown. This is especially useful when buying the extra damage to gates and guardians weaver upgrade, if you plan on attacking a gate as soon as possible.
- The trickle leadership weaver is extremely strong. Most people go into that weaver just for that upgrade.
- Your whole team gets coins and leadership for each minion that gets through a gate. For example, whenever your minion wave spawns, if an enemy kills them in the first area of dirt and grass, you won’t get any. For each minion that gets through the first gate, your team will get bonus coin and leadership (small amounts, like 3-25) for each one. You will get that bonus again if they get through the next gate, and so on. This means if you can push your minions through an extra gate – totally worth it (unless you died. Then maybe not). Because of this system, it’s ALWAYS better to put traps in the first keep between the 1st and 2nd gates. You want to kill the enemy minions as soon as possible to limit the leadership the enemy team earns. In ALMOST ALL cases, the most leadership wins the game, so it’s important to make sure your enemy has as little as possible.
- You have a few seconds after placing a trap before it becomes active. During this time, if you sell the trap you get a full refund. If you place a trap in the wrong spot, sell it fast.
- You can place and sell traps at any time you want.
- You can spend leadership and put minion cards in any time you want – they’ll take effect for the next coming wave
- The timer on minion spawns is unforgiving. It looks like you have a few seconds after it ends, but if you’re a millisecond late, you’re too late.