Monthly Archives: October 2012Dean22 Oct 20125237
Robot Entertainment have today revealed the next team to enter the fray in Hero Academy – The Shaolin! This is a brand new team focusing on combos and some interesting new bonus characteristics For every turn a unique unit does damage to an enemy the units attack get gradually more powerful each turn making it even more important than ever to take down the unique units quickly before being overwhelmed. Not only that but the Shaolin”s Heros can also reduce the strength of enemy units. A formidable team that’s for sure! Here is the stats breakdown:
- Monk – A melee brawler whose attack reduce a single enemy’s maximum health by 25%.
- Windblade – Her attack chains to additional enemies.
- Poisoner – Her attack weakens the opponent’s Defense and Resist.
- Taoist – A Healer who can resurrect, clear debuffs from allies, and remove buffs from enemies.
- Shadow – Turns the tide of battle by reviving KO’d units into specters to fight on his side.
Spells and Equipment
- Dragon – Cast this spell to summon a dragon that breathes fire along a row, dealing damage to three squares directly in front of the target.
- Combo Potion – A consumable that heals an ally for 1000 health and makes their next attack worth two combo points.
- Bamboo – Place a destructible bamboo tile that blocks enemy line of sight.
When is it coming?
The Shaolin team will be available on iOS and Steam some time in November – so not long away. Oh and did we mention the team also brings with it a new map for everyone to play plus some more new challenges! Keep your eyes peeled for the November release!Dean20 Oct 20125227
There are only two days left for voting in the Golden Joystick awards, so if you haven’t already dont forget to vote for Hero Academy in the “Best Mobile / Tablet” category. The Golden Joystick awards are widely recognised in the industry so if you feel like making Robot’s day go ahead an nominate them on the link below!
Time is running out to vote! Voting closes on the 22nd!Dean10 Oct 20125221
Robot Fans audio interview extraordinaire Kenny Newell has recently been invited to an interview by Tony Goodman in his own home over dinner. In case you don’t know, Tony Goodman one of the key founders of Ensemble Studios and served as CEO and Studio Head for the lifetime of Ensemble Studios. He then went on to head up and create Robot Entertainment after Ensemble closed its doors.
If you ever wondered how Robot Entertainment came to form, and how it came about that they started working on Age of Empires Online your going to want to check out this fantastic interview between Kenny and Tony Goodman. You can also find out about Tony’s brand new venture, PeopleFun and their first game - Word Chums!