Steam Workshop coming to Orcs Must Die 2!Dean09 Jul 20135513
Exciting news for all Orcs Must Die 2 fans! Robot Entertainment are about to unveil a brand new modding system for the popular Orc slashing game. It won’t be long until OMD2 sees Steam Workshop functionality built in! Modders will no doubt rejoice at this exciting news. Not only will it be possible to mod the onslaught files like in OMD1 but there is a whole lot more which can be modified this time around.
Things that can be modified via Steam Workshop:
- Costumes – you can use an existing costume base and retexture it.
- Traps – You can use existing traps and retexture them and change their properties – damage, vfx, upgrade stats, etc.
- Weapons – You can use existing traps and retexture them and change their properties – damage, vfx, upgrade stats, etc.
- Trinkets – You can use existing traps and retexture them and change their properties – damage, vfx, upgrade stats, etc.
- Onslaughts – You can modify existing onslaught and timing files for OMD2, just like you did for OMD1.
Wow thats great you may be thinking. Indeed it is! The only restriction is that you can’t create your own levels or art from scratch. You can only use existing levels and art which can then be mix and matched to your tastes. Here are some ideas of things you can achieve with this new found power:
- Create a new Frostbow. Based on the primary crossbow, but instead of a flaming upgrade, it has an ice freeze upgrade, complete with the existing frost effects on the bolts.
- Create an Uber-Nightmare mode where all of the levels are much, much harder.
- Create an evil Skull Ninja costume based on the existing Skull Ninja costume, but with all red accents instead of yellow.
- Create an Ice Arrow Wall that shoots freezing arrows, complete with existing frost effects.
Pretty awesome huh? Its going to be great to see what our expert modders can come up with. But you don’t need to be an expert to get started with modding OMD2 via Steam Workshop. Robot Fans (REF) will be here to help and guide you featuring videos and documentation demonstrating some of the things that you can achieve. Keep a close eye out for more news over the coming weeks!