Echo Prime release on Steam
On 22nd January 2014, Robot Entertainment announced via its newsletter that Echo Prime was being adapted for a release on PC via Steam. The Steam release adds more locations and a whole new alien race called the “Tide”. In order to manage the release on PC the controls have been re-designed for PC play. The scheduled release date was January 28th 2014.
The game also launches on Steam with a full 14 track soundtrack.
The original highlights from the newsletter were as follows:
- Optimized for PC – Echo Prime’s real-time action gameplay has been redesigned for PCs, including improvements to visual effects, a retuned economy, and new PC controls with mappable hotkeys.
- Even More Enemies and Environments – Echo Prime for Steam includes new locations in which to do battle and a new enemy race, the alien “Tide”.
- New Hardcore Mode – Tests your mastery. How far can you get without dying?
- Upgrade Your Arsenal – Over 100 pieces of gear with a diverse mix of deadly effects, from fire to toxic, all unlockable at no additional cost.
- Echoes of the Multiverse – As you play you will discover and unlock dozens of “Echoes,” alien life forms from alternate universes. Build connections with them, and Echoes will offer you powers and abilities to help you on your missions. Experiment and find the best combinations to customize your ability loadout.
- Share Echoes – Use your friends’ Echoes in combat to help them level-up, and level up your Echoes when your friends use them!
- Random Campaign Generation – Echo Prime features an action-driven story campaign with randomly generated missions. Every experience is different!
- Includes the Full Soundtrack – All 14 tracks of the Echo Primesoundtrack are included when you buy the game!